Associate Level Orton-Gillingham
2017 Training & Practicum
Two-week Associate Level Coursework and Subsequent Practicum
Offered June 12 to June 22, 2017
70 hours of coursework, which includes 10 additional hours of training beyond the AOGPE required 60 hours.
This includes the following topics:
- Dyslexia and reading disorders
- The rationale of the Orton-Gillingham Approach
- Phonology and morphology
- The motor component and the writing process
- Vocabulary, reading comprehension, and fluency
- Assessment and diagnostic-prescriptive teaching
- The student profile, lesson plan, and teaching materials
- The Academy structure and requirements
Space is limited to fifteen participants. Cost for the full two-week course is $2,000, which includes breakfast, lunch, and snacks. Dinner and dormitory accommodations on campus are available for an additional fee of $750.
The Associate Practicum is an additional fee.