Our mission is to reveal and illuminate the strengths of individuals with dyslexia or language-based learning differences.
WHY we do it:
- We believe in the diversity of the human brain and the vast potential of the dyslexic mind.
- We believe we can excel as human beings when we are supported physically, intellectually, and emotionally.
HOW we do it:
- In daily one-to-one diagnostic-prescriptive, Orton-Gillingham tutoring sessions, students' individual language needs are addressed.
- In small classes, students' unique learning styles are supported in all areas of the curriculum.
- Through being mindful of our interconnectedness with the planet and its inhabitants, we connect the present with the future, creating peaceful solutions to complex problems.
- Through challenging dyslexics of adventurous intellect to think critically and creatively, and preparing them for active, responsible citizenship in a democratic society.
WHO does it:
- A circle of students, faculty, staff, administrators, trustees, and parents who value PERSONAL GROWTH, RESPONSIBILITY, and INTEGRITY, in order to engage constructively with the world.
**The Kildonan School is a leading coeducational, independent, college preparatory school for students with dyslexia and language-based learning differences in grades 2 through 12, with day and boarding options.
Accreditations and Associations:
NYSAIS: Kildonan is accredited as an approved nonpublic school by the New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS).
AOGPE: Kildonan is accredited as a school, summer program, and training center by the Academy of Orton-Gillingham Practitioners and Educators.
NAIS: Kildonan is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools.
TABS: Kildonan is a member of The Association of Boarding Schools.
IDA: Kildonan is a member of the International Dyslexia Association.
New York Boarding Schools: Kildonan is a member of New York Boarding Schools.
SBSA: Kildonan is a member of the Small Boarding Schools Association.
NAPSEC: Kildonan is a member of the National Association of Private Special Education Centers.
International Baccalaureate | Middle Years Programme: The Kildonan School is an authorized IB World School for the five-year Middle Years Programme. IB World Schools share a common philosophy—a commitment to high quality, challenging, international education that The Kildonan School believes is important for our students.