When a student will be absent from school, parents are required to call the Main Office at 845-373-8111, prompt #1, by 8 a.m. that morning, or email email@example.com. Any student not otherwise accounted for will be marked as an unexcused absence, which holds disciplinary consequences. Students are accountable for all work assigned during an absence.
Below is a list of excused absences. Please refer to the Kildonan School Parent/Student Handbook for a more detailed explanation of these categories of excused absences.
- Medical leave (extended illness or injury)
- Sick (minor, short-term illnesses)
- Separation from school (disciplinary reasons)
- Weather disruptions (primarily day students)
- College visits
- Religious holiday
- School-sponsored field trip
- Health office
- Medical appointment off campus
If a student is absent more than 2 days due to illness, a doctor's note is required. If a note is not provided, the absence is considered unexcused. In that event, the Office of Student Life will contact the parents to discuss reasons for the absence.