Divorced or Separated Parents

In considering applications for financial assistance, the matter of divorce or separation of parents is a difficult one. We will consider the assets of both natural parents, if living, before making any award, and cannot be bound by the assertion that one parent has disclaimed responsibility of educational expense. If either parent has remarried, we will also consider the assets of the stepparent, always bearing in mind the obligation of that stepparent to his or her own natural children.

If the parents are divorced or separated, It is necessary that both natural parents and their current spouses, if any, fill out the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). The information provided will be kept in strictest confidence. It is the responsibility of the custodial parent to ask the noncustodial parent to fill out a PFS. If this information is not provided, the Financial Aid Committee will be unable to consider awarding a grant to the student. An extra form for the noncustodial parent may be obtained from the Admissions Office. Once the family’s contribution is determined, the Committee will award a grant if funds are available.

2018 Camp Dates
June 23 to August 4

Camp Dunnabeck at The Kildonan School | 425 Morse Hill Road | Amenia, New York 12501 | (845) 373-8111