August Hunt, 2013 graduate of The Kildonan School, will share his inspiring story and passion for people who think differently in his lecture "Thinking Differently: My LD/ADHD Journey to Empowerment" on Thursday, January 19. August is currently studying sculpture, photography and sound at Cooper Union in New York City.
On Friday, December 16, we held our 8th Annual Academic Expo, welcoming families, alumni and friends to our campus to see the academic work of our students. Student work was represented in the academic areas of literature, math, science, history, foreign languages, as well as Edge projects and music.
Parents, families and alumni are invited to attend The Kildonan School's 8th Annual Academic Expo on Friday, December 16, starting at 12:30 p.m. Students will be displaying their academic work, Edge projects, and fine arts endeavors, as well as offering some holiday musical performances.
The Kildonan School was a strong presence at the 2016 Annual International Dyslexia Association (IDA) Conference in Orlando, Florida last week. Held at the Marriott Orlando World Center from October 26-29, Headmaster Kevin Pendergast, Director of Advancement Mimi Babcock, and educator Sherry Dwyer, were joined by Kildonan students Ian, Juan and James, at this important annual event.
On October 24, 2016, the State of Connecticut held the Dyslexia Forum 2016. Kildonan Headmaster Kevin Pendergast and Associate Headmaster Jeremy Robbins were in attendance to support and recognize Kildonan students Nicholas (grade 5), Zoey (grade 4) and Audriana (grade 2) and their parents, for their advocacy and dedication to helping pass new dyslexia legislation in the State of Connecticut.
We welcomed Parents, Family, Alumni, Friends, and our esteemed Board Members to campus for Parents Weekend 2016 on October 7th & 8th. It was a beautiful fall weekend, the foliage bursting with orange, yellow and red hues all across campus. Parents visited classes, attended our 4th Annual Fall Ball, watched a horse show, listened to musical performances, and cheered on our varsity soccer team.
"Kildonan feels like a warm, cozy place. The students are proud of their school and accomplishments. The faculty are dedicated."
This was the sentiment of one of nine Educational Consultants that visited The Kildonan School this week.
Our innovative Edge Program is explored in a film by Vanessa Smith, offering deep insight into what the Edge Program offers our students, and how it positively impacts their self-awareness, their education, and their passion for learning.
New York State Assemblywoman Didi Barrett (D-NY) visiting The Kildonan School to tour the campus and visit with students.
Kildonan welcomes back new and returning students for the 2016-2017 academic year.
- Daily Orton-Gillingham Tutoring for all students.
- Teacher-Student ratio at Kildonan.
- Average number of students in a class.
- Acre campus with rolling hills, horse stables, outdoor riding arena, tennis courts, athletic fields, mountain biking and hiking trails, athletic center, 3 dorms, 4 academic buildings, visual arts building, music building, AT lab, and dining hall.
- International student population. We welcome students from all over the United States and abroad.
- College acceptance for graduating seniors. College prep, IB, and innovative Edge program curriculum.
- Week winter ski/snowboard program at Butternut Ski Area in Great Barrington, MA.
- Community Service projects to choose from including Eye-to-Eye, Audubon, Wassaic Project, environmental and mentoring programs.