On Friday, June 2nd, The Kildonan School graduated 10 seniors surrounded by their families, friends, classmates and teachers. It was a beautiful sunny day as the graduates walked across campus in the graduation processional that included Kildonan faculty members and guest speakers.
We welcomed Grandparents, Special Friends, Kildonan parents, Alumni, and our Board of Trustees to campus for a two-day celebration of Founder's Day on Friday, May 12 and Saturday, May 13. Kildonan students showcased their leadership skills, project-based learning, musical ability, artistic creativity and athleticism through a wide spectrum of presentations.
"For every deficit or weakness you have, you also have a superpower." — Keynote Speaker David Kessler
Five Kildonan students traveled to San Francisco, CA to attend the 2017 EdRev (Education Revolution) Conference from April 19 to April 23. Each year, our Eye to Eye students are invited to this conference, which is organized by Parent Education Network (PEN) and held at AT&T Park.
On Tuesday, April 4th, The Kildonan School sent a hearty contingent of 20 students, half a dozen parents, and several Kildonan educators to the Second Dyslexia Awareness Day at the New York State Capitol in Albany, NY. Our students made us proud by providing testimonials that advocated for the identification of dyslexia and proposed changes to better educate dyslexic students like themselves.
'Guatemala, where the rainbow gets its colors.'
Eight Kildonan students, accompanied by College Counselor Joy Klvana and a parent, embarked on a service learning trip to Guatemala during the last week in March. Their adventure was as bright and beautiful as the country itself. The trip was busy, filled with volunteerism, community service, and learning about the culture and its people.
During Winter Parent's Weekend, February 10 and 11, Kildonan held the 28th Annual Kildonan Classic boys basketball tournament. Kildonan hosted four teams: Eagle Hill, Woodhall, Woodstock Day, and Glenholme.
Parents, students, alums and friends of The Kildonan School and Camp Dunnabeck are invited for a Winter Social Reunion on Wednesday, February 1, 2017 from 6 to 8:30 p.m.
August Hunt, 2013 graduate of The Kildonan School, will share his inspiring story and passion for people who think differently in his lecture "Thinking Differently: My LD/ADHD Journey to Empowerment" on Thursday, January 19. August is currently studying sculpture, photography and sound at Cooper Union in New York City.
On Friday, December 16, we held our 8th Annual Academic Expo, welcoming families, alumni and friends to our campus to see the academic work of our students. Student work was represented in the academic areas of literature, math, science, history, foreign languages, as well as Edge projects and music.
Parents, families and alumni are invited to attend The Kildonan School's 8th Annual Academic Expo on Friday, December 16, starting at 12:30 p.m. Students will be displaying their academic work, Edge projects, and fine arts endeavors, as well as offering some holiday musical performances.
- Daily Orton-Gillingham Tutoring for all students.
- Teacher-Student ratio at Kildonan.
- Average number of students in a class.
- Acre campus with rolling hills, horse stables, outdoor riding arena, tennis courts, athletic fields, mountain biking and hiking trails, athletic center, 3 dorms, 4 academic buildings, visual arts building, music building, AT lab, and dining hall.
- International student population. We welcome students from all over the United States and abroad.
- College acceptance for graduating seniors. College prep, IB, and innovative Edge program curriculum.
- Week winter ski/snowboard program at Butternut Ski Area in Great Barrington, MA.
- Community Service projects to choose from including Eye-to-Eye, Audubon, Wassaic Project, environmental and mentoring programs.